Before I begin, did you see my little MFP weight loss ticker to the left!?
<—- 41 lbs lost baby! I survived the weekend and came out down in weight instead of up! First time in a long time and it feels dang great! Ok, back to our regularly scheduled Friend Makin’ Monday!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Questions and Answers
1. What is a typical weekday like for you? I work at a university full time in graduate enrollment. Most days I’m either meeting with or communicating with prospective graduate students as well as collaborating with faculty and administration to work on recruitment strategies. I work in downtown Chicago, right off of the magnificent mile which is the fanciest place I have ever worked! Most days, you’ll find me spending my lunch hour in the gym and eating at my desk while I work. I have a standing desk too so I’m not very lazy from about 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. most days 😉
2. Name one song that never fails to make you happy and one song that you always listen to when you’re sad. “Faith” by George Michael for happy and “Breathe Again” by Sara Bareilles for sad.
3. Did you watch the VMA’s last night? I don’t have cable. I don’t want to talk about it.
4. Share at least two talents that you possess. I can make a mean homemade granola and friendship bracelets.
5. Share one thing that you wish you had the confidence to do. Write a book. Probably a book of comedic essays about parenting, growing up as a woman in the U.S. and weight loss.
6. Tell us about one insecurity that people might be surprised that you have. Not looking my best when I leave the house. I always want to be perceived as put together despite my busy life as a parent, professional, partner and blogger! I don’t want to give people a reason to doubt that I really can do it all, even when things are hectic and sometimes falling apart at home or at work. I’ll still have my hair did and some mascara on, girrrrl.
7. If you could be the CEO of any company, which one would you choose to lead? Google. They seem like a fun bunch.
8. List at least three hobbies that make you happy. Reading really trashy novels. My husband judges the heck out of me for this but I don’t care and it’s so much easier to do on an ipad while riding the train!. Blogging and/or social media is a hobby I really love. I actually would love to learn more about marketing strategies and html code if I could. Lastly, I love watching endless amounts of TV. Lately, it’s been Friday Night Lights and Orange is the New Black.
9. Is there someone in your life that you wish you could say “I love you” to? I’m blessed to have my own little family that I get to say “I love you” to everyday. Mancakes and babycakes hear it from me constantly.
10. Share one cool thing that happened over the weekend. Oh man! Well we went to Mexican Fiesta in Milwaukee, a music festival we go to every year. This year was the first time I was there all day without feeling like I had to eat junk just because it was a festival and they sell stuff I don’t see every day. We had lunch, fruit and some frozen margaritas and that was it. No corn slathered in mayo and butter, no cinnamon and sugar pastries or ice cream or mini donuts. I didn’t even crave it, I was perfectly content with just nourishing myself and enjoying an adult beverage. I ended up being down another pound this morning on the scale so it paid off!
Happy Monday, friends!