Eh…I have a confession, it’s been a series of false starts and I’ll tell you why: I’m not getting enough sleep. Sleep deprivation is a HUGE weight loss shut down, it’s a scientific fact. Right now, this is the daily cycle at home Mondays through Thursdays:
- Get up early as mancakes heads out the door to catch a 6 am train to Chicago
- Get kids up, eat breakfast, drink coffee, pack a healthy lunch
- Get to work, have a second cup of coffee, do the to-donut/pastry-or-not-to-donut/pastry-with-this-coffee dance
- Eat healthy lunch, feel tired after lunch so eat some more snacks to stay awake, consume third cup of coffee, potentially reach for other snacks or fruit
- Get home, try to cook or reheat food with two little kids who are starving too, eat 2 plates of that food because I’m so tired, I think I’m hungrier than I am
- Put kids to bed post-bath or play time, sometime give into eating a sweet or just pass out entirely as the cycle of nursing my teething son every 1-2 hours throughout the night starts back up again.
I knew this would happen. When I lost the weight before babydos, it was because SLEEP WAS HAPPENING! We all were sleeping through the night pretty soundly. My daughter was staying asleep until breakfast time which meant I could get up early after 6-7 consecutive hours of sleep and workout or workout at lunch without feeling deprived. As it stands right now, I would pay money to sleep 4 or 5 hours in a row, uninterrupted. I had some great workouts last week but today, work is starting to pile up with 3 major events I’m planning happening all in the same week coming up among other things here and there. Usually, if this is happening, I try to get my healthful eating locked down so I can at least ingest healthy things but I find myself overeating or caving in to little goodies here and there.
So all this to say, DAMMIT THIS IS HARD. I keep tricking myself into believing that with a 10 minute commute to work and family nearby to help out this will be doable. I keep telling myself I don’t have to wait until my son turns 1 and his sleep regressions slow down like it did with his sister, I’m just going to power through anyway.
I know I sound like a broken record but I come back here and repeat myself to remind myself, and maybe you, that everyday is a fresh 24 hours of making choices. Sometimes you hit your stride and make awesome choices for several days, weeks, months, maybe even years in a row. And sometimes you go to bed defeated for days, weeks, months, maybe even several years in a row.
In other news: IT’S MY BLOGOVERSARY! 2 years ago today, I started this blog with the hope that I could a community of support around me. That has been the case and I thank each and every one of you who visit my little corner of the internet.
In other, other news, I’m hosting a Jamberry Party for one of my mami friends! If you love Jamberry nail wraps or are curious about trying some, you can order some through my party link here: Mariana’s Jamberry Party!
And if I get a healthy amount of orders, mama’s gonna score some nail wraps and I super need some: