The lovely Amber from The Fit Life With Amber nominated me for a Liebster Award last week! Thanks lady! Not one to break rules, I shall now go over what it means to win a Liebster Award.
I’m stealing this little tidbit from Amber, why do all the work twice? After doing a little research she learned that “the word Liebster is a German word for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The idea of the reward is to help new bloggers build a community and to connect with other bloggers!”
Once a blogger is nominated, the blogger must complete the following:
1) Acknowledge the nominating blogger
2) Share 11 random facts about yourself
3) Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
4) List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers from what you can tell! They should be bloggers you believe deserve a little recognition and some blogging love!
5) Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominated.
6) Tell the 11 bloggers you nominated (no nominating the blogger who nominated you)!
11 things about me:
- Nachos are my favorite food group. Obviously I aim to stay away from them more often now but they are my number one cheat food.
- When I was pregnant, I craved Pizza Hut pepperoni pan pizza all.the.time.
- My sister and I have the same middle name, Cristina. She was 11 when I was born and she wanted us to share something special
- When I was in the 3rd grade, I acquired a hamster I named Cilantro. I lost him in our house for about a week only to find him scratching around inside our couch, hungry but unharmed.
- I got through half the Babysitters Club books in one summer when I was 11.
- My favorite movie growing up was Hocus Pocus, now it’s Anchorman
- One of my best friends in high school and I learned the entire lunch room dance sequence in Superstar
- The longest running crush I have ever had was and is still on Paul Rudd. I’m a sucker for black hair and light eyes on a dude
- I have a tattoo on my lower back, to the right (technically NOT a tramp stamp). I drew it up myself!
- I wrote a Telenovela-like play for our Latino Culture show in college. I was also the lead which required that I wear a nun costume.
- I’m obsessed with watching What Not to Wear, Bridezillas and Girl Code. Which is probably why it’s better that we don’t have cable.
Questions from Amber:
1. If you could do any job in the world, what would you do?
I want to have Sammantha Brown’s job from the travel channel. She gets to scope out hotels and resorts all over the world.
2. What is your favorite place to vacation?
Where I’m from: Puerto Rico!
3. What is your favorite TV show?
4. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
An otter! Seriously, why are they so cute?
5. What is your go to work out?
Running 2 miles. Although if my gym had a stairmaster, it would be that.
6. If you had to choose, college football or NFL? Why?
College football because FOREVER GO BLUE!
7. Early bird or Night owl?
Shockingly, early bird now.
8. What is your favorite food?
Two words: Na. Chos.
9. List one thing one your bucket list.
10. What is your favorite restaurant to eat out at?
Cafe Iberico here in Chicago (tapas)
11. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind of pets do you have?
Does a toddler count? No? Ok, well then no, no pets.
11 bloggers that I nominate!
1. Biggest Girl in the Ballroom
Questions for bloggers nominated:
1. If you were a vending machine, what would you sell and why? (Could be anything)
2. What is your fondest childhood memory?
3. What is your favorite book from your childhood?
4. What is your favorite book now as an adult?
5. What is your favorite unhealthy to healthy recipe (example: skinny mac and cheese)?
6. Do you have a favorite method for losing weight/working out? What is it?
7. Star Trek or Star Wars?
8. If you were a vegetable, which one would you be and why?
9. What is the best vacation you ever went on?
10. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would your first purchase be?
11. Why do you blog?
If you are nominated, just know that you’ve made a pretty awesome impact on me and you’ve inspired me to keep writing and learning amazing things. Happy sharing!